OJSC “Corporation for the Development of Tourism in the Kaliningrad region”
Open Joint Stock Company “Corporation for the Development of Tourism in the Kaliningrad region” was founded on the initiative of the Government of the Kaliningrad region in 2013. Increase of investment attractiveness of tourism industry in the region was the main idea of establishment, as well as development and urbanization of new territories, direct attracting of private and budgetary investments to build tourist and hospitality infrastructure in the Kaliningrad region.
Together with the Ministry of Tourism of Kaliningrad region, Corporation worked-out a strategy for development of tourist and recreational clusters in the region. The strategy was approved by the Expert Council of Federal Agency for Tourism under the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation in 2013, and was recommended for inclusion to the list of activities of the federal target program “Development of domestic and inbound tourism in the Russian Federation (2011-2018)”.
The first phase of strategy for tourism development in the Kaliningrad region provides the creation of supporting and tourist infrastructure complex on the territory of following tourist and recreational clusters on the Baltic Sea:
- “Raushen” in Svetlogorsk
- “Kranz” in Zelenogradsk
- “Neukuhren” in Pionersky
- “Palmniken” in Yantarny
- “Pilau” in Baltiysk
- “European Baikal”, Lake Vishtynetskoye, Nesterov district
- “Koenigsberg” in Kaliningrad
At the moment, OJSC “Corporation for the Development of Tourism in the Kaliningrad region” prepared and run 29 investment projects for construction of tourist and recreational facilities in the region, investment capacity of projects is estimated to be more than 850 million dollars.
The mission of “Corporation for the Development of Tourism in the Kaliningrad region”:
To increase the competitiveness of tourism market of the Kaliningrad region and to create conditions for active development of tourism in the region by expanding the range and improving the level of tourist services.
- Formation of the Concept for tourist and recreational clusters in the Kaliningrad region with emphasis of the major dominant on the territory of municipalities (geographical and functional principles);
- Creation of a land bank for development of recreational infrastructure;
- Development of a list of projects for each cluster;
- Formation of a “core” for each of the selected tourist clusters;
- Subsequent development of tourist clusters and attraction of private investors.